Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So What You Been Up To Lately?

'So,' someone asked, 'Whatya been up to?' 

Well, many assignments that have taken me away from my project and then a chance to sit down and get stuck into some preliminary backgrounds to test the visual differences between modern day and 1930s-40s Sydney. The transitions are indicative only, I haven't decided on how the morphing or transformations of the backgrounds will happen yet, although I'm fond of saying, 'We'll do it in post' I'm pretty sure we wont. 

I started by mapping out the street first then layer upon layer I made it into a modern interpretation of Ashfield/ Croydon in Sydney where there are signs of urban decay and change. Then I redid the entire street scene thinking of how the older generation would remember it, the 'back in my day' syndrome. My choices of what to include and what to remove were based on research into the area and case studies with residents who remember things like vegetable patches and fruit trees instead of flowers in the 1930s and 40s.




No comments:

Post a Comment