Sunday, March 11, 2012

Revising the Research Question

My research topic for Hons research has definitely evolved and changed from my initial thoughts and I think this is a good thing. My newest version of a 'question' really ties in well with my plans for my project; both of which will focus on the importance of background art and the significance of place. I am really excited about working on my project as I think it is something that will be a real departure from what I have done in animation prior to this year.

Here are my current musings about my Hons thesis:


In what ways can the background, setting or environment of a Disney animated film function as a protagonist or antagonist in its own right or as a reflection of a character’s psychological state, therefore conveying meaning visually through culturally determined semiotics and thus progressing the narrative? 

No comments:

Post a Comment