Sunday, July 29, 2012

Epic Pans are Epic

Trying to finish as much as possible before leaving for LA this Thursday. My plan is to outline the backgrounds and then go back into them to complete the render process. This will allow me to sort out the size and camera movements plus the illusion of depth and details before I start to colour. I will be working in photoshop and am determined to keep my layers tidy and organised so that I can adhere to the lessons regarding layout and design that I have been researching.

Here are some of the latest ones from a pan shot. Each background has to be done twice as this will reveal what the community was like in the 20s and 30s and what it is like today.

Ashfield in the past

Ashfield in the present

Both layers together showing the similarities and differences between the two eras


Close Up of shop fronts- Modern Day



Close up of shop fronts- 1920s and 30s era
The final background renders will not have the heavy outline but will instead have a very thin hand drawn, not ruled, outline that will enable recognition of the background details.




No comments:

Post a Comment